Write a letter to a newspaper editor or post a blog about hunger. Here are some things to consider as you’re writing:
• 1 in 6 people in America face hunger.
• Households with children reported a significantly higher food insecurity rate than households without children in 2011. 20.6 percent vs. 12.2 percent.
• Food insecurity exists in every county in America. In 2011, 17.9 million households were food insecure.
• 50.1 million Americans struggle to put food on the table.
• In the US, hunger isn’t caused by a lack of food, but rather the continued prevalence of poverty.