This exhibit looks at both the need to nourish our bodies and the need to nourish ourselves through artistic expression. Support for Need2Nourish is provided by the Arts Foundation for Tucson and Southern Arizona, funded by the City of Tucson and Pima County. This exhibit will promote dialogue on both nourishment and/or hunger in our community, while also providing a showcase for local artists and supporting the mission of the Community Food Bank.
How to Participate
- Theme: “What is hunger?” or “What is nourishment?”
- Artists are invited to portray the idea of what is hunger or what is nourishment as it relates to our community. CFB will provide supplemental information to understand the work the Community Food Bank does in Southern Arizona.
- If artists would like to submit more than two pieces, please contact Karrington Hamilton.
- All mediums welcome. No prints or copies, except photography. If piece is larger than 4’ x 6’ ft, please contact Karrington Hamilton.
- All submissions must be perceptible and appropriate to all ages.
- All artwork must be sent wired and/or framed (if applicable) and ready for wall or table display.
- Artists agree to a 50/50 commission split. Half of the funds will go to the artists and half will go to support programs at CFB.
- Any pieces not sold may be retained by the artist or donated as an in-kind donation(s).
- Registration Deadline: April 22nd, 2019. To register, please contact Karrington Hamilton. When registering, please have JPEG image available of artwork.
- Drop Off Dates:
- May 2nd, 2019 2 PM – 7 PM
- May 3rd, 2019 10 AM – 3 PM
- If piece isn’t sold, please confirm donation to Community Foodbank or pick up by May 5th, 2019 from 9 AM - 2PM.
- Insurance and Liability: All artists are responsible for insuring their own work and may be responsible for mounting and dismounting pieces in their designated spaces of the gallery. Steinfeld Warehouse and the Community Food Bank of Southern Arizona do not cover loss or damage of the artwork. We suggest that artists carry their own insurance.
To register please contact:
VISTA Rural and Community Engagement Coordinator
Community Food Bank of Southern Arizona
3003 S. Country Club Road Tucson, AZ 85713
(520) 622-0525 ex. 7205